Schroder Total Return Fixed Income Fund
Schroder Total Return Fixed Income Fund seeks a high level of total return by investing in a portfolio of fixed income obligations. The fund intends to maintain a dollar-weighted average portfolio duration of three to seven years.
The fund seeks to generate return by investing across the full maturity and credit spectrum of fixed income securities, including US Treasury, agency, securitized, investment grade and high yield corporate, emerging market and non-dollar corporate debt. The Fund focuses on active sector rotation, security selection, duration and yield curve strategies. We use a team approach in constructing investment strategy and portfolio decisions are supported by extensive fundamental, technical and quantitative research. Sector specialist portfolio managers execute investment strategy using a relative value framework, with the goal of capitalizing on opportunities across a wide range of market conditions.
Schroders’ Total Return Fixed Income Fund typically maintains portfolio duration at +/- 20% of the duration of the Barclays US Aggregate Index. Exposure to high yield securities is limited to 20% of the portfolio and total exposure to non-dollar, high yield and emerging market debt is limited to 20% of the portfolio.
|Fund Share Class||Month
|Annualized Return as of --|
Performance data quoted represents past performance, which is no guarantee of future results. Investment return, yield and principal value of an investment will fluctuate so that an investor's shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Current performance may be lower or higher than the performance data quoted. Performance for less than one year is not annualized.
|Benchmark||Barclays US Aggregate Bond Index|
|Fund Assets *||N/A|
|Min. Subsequent Inv.||$1,000|
* As of
Fees (As of March 1, 2020)
|Distribution (12b-1) Fees||NONE|
|Total Annual Fund Operating Expenses||1.06%|
|Less: Expense Reimbursement2||(0.66)%|
|Net Annual Fund Operating Expenses||0.40%|
(1) Other Expenses are based on estimated amounts for the current fiscal year.
(2) In order to limit the Fund’s expenses, the Fund’s adviser, Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. (“Schroders” or the “Adviser”), has contractually agreed through February 28, 2021 to waive its fees, pay Fund operating expenses, and/or reimburse the Fund to the extent that Total Annual Fund Operating Expenses (other than acquired fund fees and expenses, other indirect acquired fund expenses, interest, taxes, and extraordinary expenses), for the Fund’s Investor Shares, exceed 0.40% of Investor Shares’ average daily net assets. The expense limitation may only be terminated during its term by the Board of Trustees.
The investment team is supported by a strong team of more than 30 global credit analysts, with geographical and industry expertise, covering thousands of issuers and the broader global bond team of more than 100, including more than 50 specialist portfolio managers in regional investment offices.
We believe that fixed income markets are global, interrelated and generally efficient, but can overreact to events, creating investment opportunities. As a globally integrated team of research-driven bond investors, we believe we have the ideal structure to take advantage of these opportunities, and that by using a disciplined investment process and diversified strategies, we can seek to generate consistent above benchmark returns with lower than average volatility.
Our fixed income process consists of four distinct steps:
- Conduct in-depth proprietary market research (fundamental, quantitative and technical) to develop investment themes that we feel will dominate markets over the ensuing three to six month period
- Develop and prioritize investment strategies, based on investment themes, which will determine optimal portfolio positioning in three primary areas of the market: duration, yield curve exposure, and sector allocation
- Implement investment strategies within the portfolio, using a relative value framework to prioritize investment ideas and execute security selection
- Continually review portfolio within rigorous risk management framework
The cornerstone of our investment process is our weekly US Fixed Income strategy meeting. Sector specialist portfolio managers combine the outputs from our economic, quantitative and global credit research with bottom-up issuer research to establish investment themes and resulting strategies. Macro strategy, sector allocations and overall risk budgeting are determined at this meeting. Portfolio construction, including security selection, follows and is implemented by our portfolio managers.
|Fund Share Class||Total Assets |
|NAV||NAV $ |
|NAV % |
Please consider a fund's investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses carefully before investing. To obtain this and other information on any Schroders Fund, please click the following link: prospectuses. Read the prospectus carefully before investing. To obtain any further information call your financial advisor or call Schroder Mutual Funds at (800) 464-3108.